A Social Twist: Lock-In Business with LinkedIn. Image of a person looking at a laptop screen that says 'If Content is King, Consistency is Queen'.

A Social Twist: Lock-In Business with LinkedIn

Looking to grow your business’s reach in the new year? Engage your audience with the perfect twist of social media and LinkedIn.

How to Use Social Media to Create the Ultimate Customer Experience

With so many businesses at consumers’ disposal, it is important that your company has that diamond in the rough. Potential customers look for memorable experiences, something that sets your business apart from the competition. It is all about engaging people, so how can you use social media to do just that?

1. Meet people where they are at.

In 2022, people spent an average of two and a half hours on social media daily. Why not use this to your advantage as a small business owner? People are constantly scrolling through their feeds, looking for content that speaks to them and grabs their attention. This creates an opportunity for you to draw people to your business. When someone wants to research a business’ product or service, they often look to social media to help them find the answers they are looking for. Social media is where people are, so your business should be too.

2. Interact with your followers.

One of the most underrated features of social media is the ability to communicate with your followers. People like to feel important and seen. When you respond to peoples’ comments and ask them for their input, you make them feel special, and who knows, you might even learn something in the process! This not only helps you build a more personal relationship with them, but it will also help set your business apart from the competition.

3. Get personal.

Social media gives you an opportunity to put a face and story to your brand. Of course, social media is a place where you can educate and inform your audience about your services or products, but make sure that is not all your social media is communicating. People are much more inclined to do business with those they know, like, and trust. By sharing your human side, you can be vulnerable with your audience, allowing them to create connections with you. Small businesses have a unique advantage, because they can create a more personable and warmer atmosphere than larger corporations can.

Lock-In Business with LinkedIn  

There are many wonderful social media platforms out there, but we want to highlight one platform in particular – LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a widely known platform, but are you getting the most out of it? Instead of limiting LinkedIn to merely an about us page, start treating it as a resource that can help drive business back to you.

We have put together a few tips to help you capture peoples’ attention and business on LinkedIn.

1. Make it visually compelling.

People do not like to have to search for information. They do not want to have to read a large amount of copy to find what they are looking for. Time is crucial to people, so your content should mirror this. Text is still important, but it should be straight to the point and accompanied by engaging media. Changing your cover image on your profile every few months could be a fun way to keep your page fresh. You can even use it to highlight different teams in your company, promote upcoming events, or showcase announcements. A good visual can often communicate just as much as 1,000 words can.

2. Use the 80-20 Rule.

The 80-20 rule suggests that 80% of your content should educate or entertain your audience, and the remaining 20% should be used to promote your business. The point of this rule is to help keep your content centered around your audience. People are less likely to engage with your business if your feed is consumed by your business talking about itself.

3. Stay Relevant and UpToDate.

You do not want people to view your page and think that you are inactive, so keep your feed lively. If your business’s information changes, such as a new website or new service offering, then update that information on your LinkedIn profile. You can do an official announcement with exciting graphics that hype your audience up. People often search based off the most recent content. To stay relevant in peoples’ search results, you must be active on the platform.

Step-Up Your Marketing Game in 2023

Are you ready to enhance your marketing endeavors but just don’t have the time or resources to contribute to social media right now? Our team at DCA Virtual Business Support is here for you. With one of our Social Media Coordinators, we can implement new social media strategies and tactics that will have your business booming in the new year!

Leave a Comment