In today’s tech-savvy workforce, you can virtually shake hands with clients across time zones and engage with employees while still in your pajamas – all with the click of a button. How is this possible? With online productivity and project management apps! These platforms adapt to your team’s needs, streamlining your workflow, and giving you time back without ever having to leave your house.
Whether you’re a visual thinker, a fan of streamlined collaboration, or simply in search of a straightforward solution, there’s a platform that will fit your unique workflow and boost your team’s productivity. So, let’s find the best tool for your team while exploring #TeamDCA’s favorite five project management apps.
Monday.com: A Visualizer’s Best Friend
Monday.com is one of the leading project management software tools out there, ranked #1 by most media outlets, including Forbes. It simplifies the process of step-by-step project tracking through colorful boards, charts, and more, making it a go-to tool for visual thinkers and organizational fans.
- Visual Project Management: Everything starts with a visual board – the core of the Monday.com app. Boards and charts provide a clear overview of your projects, making it easy to track progress and stay on top of your tasks.
- Customization: With Monday.com, you can adapt the platform to your specific needs. Customize workflows, add automation, color code, and create templates that align with your team’s unique processes.
- Integration: Monday.com integrates seamlessly with other essential tools like Slack, Google Workspace, and Microsoft 365, allowing for a more unified workflow.
Asana: Best for Task and Project Management
Asana is a widely known project management tool that is designed to help teams streamline work processes, manage projects, and improve productivity overall. Through Asana, you can virtually connect with everyone on your team, and assign specific tasks, projects, and deadlines with ease.
- Task and Project Management: Asana allows you to create tasks and organize them into projects and teams. This structured approach helps you keep track of your work, set priorities, and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Collaboration: With Asana, your team can keep communication about projects and tasks in one area. Its collaboration features create a “virtual office” where all your team members can communicate with one another as if they were in the same room. Some of its features include real-time task discussions, mentions, and file sharing.
- Customization: Asana allows you to tailor your workflows with individual task reminders, various layout features and templates, custom fields, and the ability to set reoccurring tasks.
Asana is what our Team at DCA Virtual Business Support primarily uses for collaborating with one another, tracking progress on tasks, and staying organized. If our clients do not have a preferred project management app, Asana is our go to, because of how simple it is to train clients on, setup, track what needs to be done, and for both clients and team members to add new tasks.
Tango: Process Documentation
Tango’s specialty is capturing processes. With zero code and hassle-free flow builders, the platform makes it easy and safe to document your steps for websites or browser apps while you work.
- Interactive Documentation: Tango allows you to create interactive walkthroughs. This feature comes in handy when you need to show a colleague how to do something. After capturing your interactive guide, you can share and export it in a few different ways: sending a link, embedding it into a website, copying HTML to a document, or exporting it as a PDF.
- Track Analytics: With Tango, you can track the analytics for your guides – see who is engaging with them, how many steps users have gotten through, and more. It’s a great tool to help businesses improve their processes.
- Collaboration: Tango has features like sharable folders and user comments and reactions, making it ideal for teams looking to stay organized and collaborate with one another without bouncing between platforms. You can even blur sensitive text information such as client, personal, or company data when sharing documents with others. You can blur information included on images and charts too!
Deanne Duncan, our Operations Manager, recommends ClickUp. It is an all-in-one project management and productivity software that offers a wide range of features and customization options to suit a variety of needs – and we use it with several of our clients.
- Integration: ClickUp’s extensive integration options make it easy to connect with other apps and services you already use. This enables you to centralize your work in one place, reducing the need to switch between different tools. Integration with popular apps like Google Workspace, Slack, and Trello makes your workflow smoother and more efficient.
- Feature Fabulous: ClickUp has a feature for just about every project management need you could think of. From hashtags, to whiteboards, to multiple viewing options, to its simple drag and drop tool, the app offers an incredibly flexible and customizable workspace.
- All-in-One: Never leave the app… Manage tasks, documents, goals, and time tracking, all in one place, reducing the need for multiple tools.
Trello: Straightforward and Simple
Trello is like a virtual bulletin board with digital sticky notes pinned to it. The tool has become favorable among professionals, entrepreneurs, and teams of all sizes for its intuitive Kanban-style approach to workflow organization.
- Easy to Use: Trello is very user-friendly, making it a no-brainer for smaller teams and individuals looking for an uncomplicated tool to help keep them organized and efficient.
- Integration: Trello may have fewer integrations than some platforms, but it can still connect with popular apps like Google Drive and Slack.
- Visualize Project Status: With Trello, you can easily see who is doing what and what needs to be done. With features like cards, boards, and lists, it makes it simpler than ever to keep track of your tasks and promote productivity, so things don’t slip through the cracks.
Trello is one of our Executive Assistants, Katie Bobo’s, personal favorites. She enjoys the visual aspects of the platform. Utilizing the visual board helps her better understand the progress she is making towards her clients’ projects and stay on track.
The choice between Monday.com, Asana, Trello, ClickUp, and Tango depends on your specific workflow needs, team size, and the complexity of your projects. Each platform has its own strengths and features that can help your team stay organized and boost productivity. So, whether you prefer a highly visual tool, a collaborative powerhouse, or a simple solution, there’s a platform that will suit your needs!
Learn more about how we can support your business with these tools by scheduling a free discovery call.